As you may know, we now offer video production services at RPS. This is an exciting addition to an already amazing pool of services and talent. That being said, we would like to take a few minutes to explain why you NEED to add video to your current marketing strategies.
Let’s look at a marketing strategy you are familiar with: The concept for a direct response ad is simple yet powerful. A bold headline attracts you to read a more focused sub-headline, which then leads your eye to the sales pitch below. The longer the reader stays with the ad, the better chance you have for a conversion.
A web site video can do all that and more. Using online videos allows you to deliver your headline with the appropriate tone. You have an opportunity to express enthusiasm, caring, or urgency for example, to add weight to your message. Your sub-headline and information about your product and services can be delivered to your audience along with demonstrations, graphic or samples. Your testimonials now carry the heartfelt emotion behind them by having actual customers shoot out your praise. All this is impossible to deliver in printed text on a web page in the time it takes to view a video. So adding video is pretty simple: More impact. Quicker reflex time to grab their attention. Increased conversions.
Some Statistics Please!
It’s a proven fact videos work. Many online lead generation companies have released statistics and reports detailing how adding product or testimonial videos can increase conversion rates, customer interaction, and overall customer ROI.
- In early 2010, TriMark added a click-to-play customer testimonials video to all Window World PPC landing pages. Within a month, he began to see lead conversion increases of 20% from those specific sites.
- EyeView Digital has reported conversion rate increases of over 80% when video additions were included in landing page optimizations.
- Andrew Angus from Switch Web Video boasts this impressive statement, “If you have a video on a webpage you are much much more likely to convert that visitor to a lead as compared to a normal web page. I have seen figures that show video landing pages convert 2 to 6 times better than a normal webpage.”
- Andrew Angus also went on to discuss the importance of video testimonials to conversion rates, “The page with testimonials on it beat the competition by 158%! That blew me out of the water and is a huge difference for the business.”
- Chris Savage of Wistia.com also believes in the power of video additions to landing pages. He was recently quoted as saying, “We consistently get 3-4x better conversion ratios when we have videos on a page. Visitors convert in less time and there tend to be more opportunities.”
The experts are unanimous, adding videos to your clients’ websites and landing pages WILL INCREASE CONVERSION RATES in 99% of all cases.
So, you’re thinking, “That’s great, but why should I invest in video for my business?” Here are the top five reasons why:
- People like to watch videos: Most people would rather watch a video than have to read. That is the truth and if your company, products, or service require any sort of explanation take the time and put it in a video because your audience will respond with much greater force.
- Decrease your bounce rate: Depending on the type of video you choose and how long it is, you hold the visitor on your website for the duration of the video. When the content is useful, it leads to the customers sticking around to find more information or hitting the “Contact Us” button.
- Increases branding and credibility: When a business integrates web video it launches you into a whole new category in the perception of your audience. You begin to project a higher level of professionalism to your customers.
- Testimonials: When people can hear your voice and see your face, they are much more likely to do business with you since it builds a feeling of trust. A testimonial reassures customers about your positive qualities and the products/services you offer.
- Get Ranked: By adding your video to services such as YouTube and Vimeo people are more likely to come across your business, therefore attracting additional traffic to your site.
Call us and find out more. We would love to take some time and discuss what options you have and how we can help you use the power of video to amp up your web site.